Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager
Full-time, permanent position
Rug & Weave provides one-of-a-kind home staples internationally, with our warehouse and storefront located in Guelph, Ontario (Canada). We strive to add beauty and functionality to our customers' homes through the items we carry so they can make lasting memories.
The Ideal Candidate
The Retail Store Manager is a key part of the Rug & Weave team. They work collaboratively with the office, warehouse & retail store teams to ensure that every customer interaction and experience in the shop is a positive one. They are friendly, approachable, and inclusive, and help to foster a positive and welcoming environment. They bring strong interpersonal skills which help them to develop strong relationships with both customers and their staff. Their strong managerial skills allows them to help guide & grow the skillset of the retail store team. With a strong sales drive, the Retail Store Manager will motivate & inspire the retail team daily.
The Retail Store Manager is passionate about home decor and design. They are creative and have an eye for beautiful home goods. They enjoy learning about our carefully curated selection of products and will provide expert product selection assistance to our customers.
Leading, training & motivating the retail team to ensure all customers have a positive experience within our shop
- Greeting and assisting customers in assessing their needs, providing advice, and directing their product selection
- Lead by example to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction in order to meet or exceed sales and gross profit targets
- Operating the POS and cash register, accurately handling financial transactions, and facilitating a seamless cash out experience for customers
- Manage retail store sales targets & financial operations of the store.
- Keeping up-to-date on product knowledge to be able to educate retail team weekly on product updates
- Communicating and working collaboratively with office & warehouse teams.
- Work with product team to install new visual designs in the retail shop
- Supporting in other business areas as needed
- Handling confidential customer and business information in a sensitive and responsible manner
- Carrying out other tasks as directed by management
- The Retail Store Manager will report to the co-founders
- Minimum of three years of experience in a customer service environment, retail industry required
- Previous retail management experience required
- Experience in furniture and/or rug sales an asset
- Demonstrated interest in home goods and decor
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building with customers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to retain product knowledge and desire to continually learn about new products and brands
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative independently while working cohesively within a team
- An approachable, friendly, and inclusive personality that promotes a comfortable environment
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to learn new software
- Evidence of the ability to practice confidentiality and use good discretion when making decisions
- Ability to stand for extended periods and safely lift and move 50 lbs
The Retail Store Manager will work 40 hours per week and be available to work weekend shifts.
How to Apply
Email copies of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will only assess complete applications. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Rug & Weave is an equal opportunity employer. We make accommodations for disability in all parts of the recruitment process. Please let us know how we can meet your needs.
Expected start date: August 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent